Monday, August 20, 2007

Pyeongchang News - Jeremy

Hey, all!

Well, I've arrived in Pyeongchang. If you want a full blown out account of my first days here, check out my blog: koreanexperience.blogspot.com.

But as for the church scene here, my family is Methodist-Christian ("Jesus is #1!" they say), so I went to Church with them on Sunday. There, I met the pastor's daughters. One is a student at Seoul National University, so her English is top-notch and I can even joke with her. She makes it back into Pyeongchang nearly every Sunday, so I'll have someone to talk to. Other university students also can speak English well, so I will have English speaking friends to hang out with on the weekends, and to hopefully learn Korean from, though we'll see.

The church seems to be very active, and they were welcoming. Though I can't understand the sermon, I sing the songs and bow my head for the prayers, so there is a communal worship. I have been blessed here.

Hope you will all find a way to stay active and healthy in your faith!

Jeremy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy, thanks for posting! You are so blessed that your entire family is Christian. This is so encouraging to hear. Praise God! :) btw, there are english services here close to seoul. once people get settled in with their homestays and schools, i will post information on that. maybe we can organize a get-together and meet altogether to go to english service one of these weekends.