Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hi Everyone! I hope you are doing really well! I am thinking and praying for you. I hope the first lessons continue to go well! Please share how you are doing! I am doing well! I will do a little pows and wows at the end! Feel free to share yours.


On Sunday, I was able to go to an English church service for native speakers in Pohang. I am so thankful to have this service. The sermon was on the 10 commandments (I guess we are studying them for the next 10 weeks) and the pastor brought up these verses from Psalm 119.

18 Open my eyes that I may see
wonderful things in your law.

19 I am a stranger on earth;
do not hide your commands from me.

And I find comfort sometimes when I read in the bible about being 'a stranger' or going to the 'ends of the earth '. It reminds me that I have a really awesome home awaiting me in heaven and I will try to live my life out here until that time. But sometimes I feel like I don 't fit in and probably quite obviously stick out (lately) but I remember that the psalmist recognized that as Christians we are not of this world. We are something different. And so by seeking God, we can know what to do. I just wanted to share that!


Pows: The only sort of sad thing is that my students are so busy and studious that they don 't really have time to practice conversational English. (I am at a science high school). So they haven 't given me my official schedule yet and I haven' t gotten to teach yet. I am hoping at least a couple classes this week, but I don' t think it will happen. I want to teach but I am sure there will be opportunities soon. The good thing though is that I have a lot of free time and I haven 't had that in a long time. So God is teaching me to learn to be content!


Wows: My host family is great! I am really starting to feel like part of the family we tease each other and they take really good care of me. I am spoiled!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea! our citizenship is in heaven~ Praise God for that. I really like the second verse. The more I think about it, the more it makes so much sense! Thanks for sharing. I will be praying for you, dear! enjoy this time of relaxation, i am sure you will be a cool breeze of fresh air for these studious students. :) And I am confident that God will use your greatly to minister to them by loving and serving them as their teacher!